- Everyone gets a plastic spoon to start and puts their name on the list of active players (I used a sign up sheet which is below for download).
- You must have your spoon on your person at all times. This means in the hallway, on campus, the cafeteria, even the bathroom. Our only exception to needing your spoon on you is if you are in your own room. The spoon must also be in your room, but you can set it down or have it in a safe place.
- You tag other players with your spoon and one of two things happens:
1. They show that they have their spoon on them and it is a "stalemate"
2. They do not have their spoon on them and you have assassinated them.
- The other way which players can lose the game is if their spoon breaks. This means you must protect your spoon from being broken by you or someone else. Players may not simply break other players spoons, however a "sword fight" can ensue if a spoon is visible. Spoons are the only weapon which can be used to attempt to break other spoons. **This is risky because there is a chance that your spoon will be the one that breaks.**
- If your spoon is broken or you are assassinated for not having your spoon on you, you are out of the game and must cross your name off of the list. **I posted this list in our community bathroom so that everyone always had access to the list and could see who was still active.**
- The game continues until only one person is remaining, that is the winner.
You can imagine that this game can go on for quite some time and it was a couple of months long for my floor. The girls really enjoyed it, they even decorated their spoons and took ownership in the game. During floor meetings I would run down the list of who was still active and make sure that no one was out who was still on the list.
Some variations are listed below and I am sure there are more out there.
- Each player signs up ahead of time and "player cards" are made up. Then each person gets a target by handing out the player cards. When you assassinate your target, you then take over the assassinated persons target and eventually (if everything works out) there will be only two left and they will have each other as targets. This makes the game much longer as there are no mass assassinations in this scenario. The chances of catching your target without their spoon is much harder and additionally, so